Small update of my research and continuous monitoring on Indian Agricultural crops: Wheat, Mustard and Gram there could be loss in yield in this year, the approximate losses were given at region level, here are the results:
1. Northern Punjab region - approximately 10-20% less yield
2. Southern Punjab region - approximately 5% less yield
3. Delhi Surrounded area of Haryana - approximately 10-20% less yield
4. Remaining Haryana - approximately 5% less yield
5. Western UP - approximately 10-20% less yield
6. Eastern UP - Morethan 25% yield losses
7. Bihar - Morethan 25% yield losses
8. Rajasthan - More-or-less 5 to 10% yield loss.
The reason of losses could be higher temperatures during winter season and less soil moisture.
The above losses identified mainly based on Satellite Images, this update was till end of Feb. that means before hail storm condition. Harvesting is in progress and moving harvesting from Central India to North India i.e. Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra harvesting is in-process and North India crop is ready for harvest.
The above losses could higher because of Hail storm during March 1st Week.